At our dental office, we offer dental crowns as a versatile solution for a range of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Dental crowns are designed to fit over the entire surface of a damaged or decayed tooth, restoring its function, strength and appearance. Here are some of the most common uses for dental crowns:
- Restoring severely damaged or decayed teeth: When a tooth is too damaged or decayed for a filling to provide a successful restoration, a dental crown can provide a durable and long-lasting solution.
- Following root canal treatment: A dental crown can help protect and strengthen a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment, ensuring that it remains functional for many years.
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge: Dental crowns are used to anchor and attach a dental bridge, which is a restorative solution for missing teeth.
- Covering and completing a dental implant: Dental crowns can be used to cover and complete a dental implant, which is a popular option for patients seeking a long-lasting and natural-looking tooth replacement.
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile: Dental crowns can be used to improve the appearance of your smile by correcting a misshapen or discolored tooth.
- Strengthening a weak or fractured tooth: Dental crowns can be used to support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains, helping to strengthen a weak or fractured tooth.
At our dental office, we offer dental crowns made from a variety of materials, including gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are a popular choice because they can be customized to match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. During your consultation, our dentists will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your unique needs and goals. With proper care and maintenance, a dental crown can provide a durable and long-lasting restoration for your smile.
For more information on dental crowns in Asheville, North Carolina, and to set up a consultation with Dr. Timothy E. Gillespie and associates, we welcome you to call Gillespie Dental Associates at (828) 252-9351.